Dan Foster’s Profile
Click the Button below to hear Dan:
Daniel 'Dan' Foster - popularly known as The Big Dawg and Top Dawg - is a Nigerian-based and American-born radio presenter; he was brought up in Washington, USA by his widowed father - his mother had died when he was only ten - but was partly raised by his grandmother who lived in Baltimore. He had a stint with the Marines and attended Morgan State University, Baltimore, where he graduated in Broadcasting and Drama.
He afterwards worked with several radio stations in his home country including Mix 106.5 FM, before moving to Lagos, Nigeria to join Cool FM in 2000, and has since been a favourite with Nigerian listeners.
In 2001, Foster featured in the Nollywood movie “Face of a Liar”. A year later, he received an award for Best Radio Presenter of the year. He won the 2003, 2004, and 2005 Nigeria Media Merit Awards for 'Best Radio Personality’. He was also recognized by the City People Awards: a respected organization known for recognizing outstanding individuals who have touched the lives of citizens in the community, they named him “Media Person of the year” in 2004 and again in 2005.
Foster was a judge on reality talent show Idols West Africa, alongside Nigerian Dede Mabiaku and Ghanaian Abrewa Nana. He was compared to American counterpart Randy Jackson. While with Cool FM he created and directed the Cool Fm Praise Jam concerts that have taken place since 2004, with a total of over 22, 000 people in attendance.
- In 2008, Dan Foster moved to Inspiration FM, where he created a family friendly radio station and the new sound of Lagos.
- Dan Foster is the Head of Programmes and Production in INSPIRATION FM.
- He is the creator of INSPIRATION KIDS CLUB and other FAMILY INSPIRATIONAL PROGRAMMES ON INSPIRATION FM.
- He is also the creator and host of Dan Foster praise jam concert.
- Dan Foster has hosted several events and TV shows which includes the West African idols.
- Dan Foster is also the MD/ CEO of DAN FOSTER ENTERPRISES, a leading company in entertainment and media consultancy, speaking engagement, management and advertisement.
- He is a recipient of so many awards which includes the best on air personality award.
- He has the highest followership when it comes to radio listenership and a huge followership in the entertainment industry.
- Dan Foster has inspired and mentored a lot of youths, healed a lot of relationships and marriages through his daily inspirational radio broadcast. He is humorous, he loves children and he is a world class communicator.
- Dan Foster has evolved into an icon, role model, mentor and the biggest on-air personality in Nigeria.